Not sure how to look after your brushes? Here’s a tutorial we’ve prepared to show you how in 5 easy steps:
For optimal brush condition and hygiene it is recommended to clean your make-up brushes weekly.
For quick cleanse or to avoid contamination the best is to spray with an alcohol based brush cleanser such as our Pro Brush Cleanser. For breakout prone skin, it’s recommended to clean before each use to prevent the spread of bacteria and further breakout.
For a more thorough makeup brush clean, it’s recommended to shampoo your brushes. This method is recommended at least every few months, ideally monthly depending on use:
- Pour out a small amount of soft shampoo into a shallow bowl.
- Soak the tip of the brush and gently swirl, being careful not to wet the base of the brush.
- Rinse the brush under warm running water pointing downwards. Repeat steps two and three until water runs clear from the brush.
- Use a cloth to wipe the brush clean, reshaping bristles as needed.
- Lay the brush flat on a cloth until completely dry.
View our brush collection here.